February 05, 2006

Time

Well, it's now February 2006 and I have been in Oklahoma for 8 months. Overall it's been good, but I feel as though I have accomplished nothing. Yes, I've secured employment with a good company, but thanks to BRAC that job will be gone in Dec. 06. Of course, Unisys has offered to transfer me to another one of their sites, such as; Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Denver, Pensacola, Rome, and Limestone. Anyone who knows me, knows that every single on of these options is not an option at all.
Since Lawton is not exactly the hotbed of the IT world, I can always commute 80 miles north to Oklahoma City. I've been up there 3 times now and I thought it was a great city, but 80 miles (1 hour 10 minutes) each way! Everyday! It's all highway driving and pretty empty, but what about ......dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn Tornandoes!
I've looked around during the drive up there. There is nothing! I know they say find a ditch, I don't see ditches only dips in the fields. What about the under passes..hmmmm! Few and far between. Is my life really worth 80 miles each way, everyday. What about thunderstorms....oooooohhh, I hate those too! Love it when I'm at home, but on the road, it's just scary!
I've also considered moving to another state and letting the husband fend for himself, but that just doesn't seem right.

All in all, I don't really know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to offer them.

No comments: