July 07, 2008

My aching feet

So we had a whirlwind vacation last week, but was great. I actually got to see my husband smile, relax and have some real fun.

We started the week off in San Diego and spent time at Sea world. The kids had a blast petting and feeding the Bat Rays and so did I. I love anything to do with ocean life.

Went to see Wanted....Awesome!

While in San Diego I had the best Mexican food I have ever had in my life. There guacamole was to die for. I had guacamole enchiladas and a side a of guacamole. Needless to say, I was beyond stuffed.

We then hustled over to Vegas to take my SIL and her family around town. Took a stab at Priceline and go rooms at Planet Hollywood for 70 bucks per night the day before 4th of July. I couldn't ask for a better room at that price. We walked the kids to death and suffered through The Sirens of TI show (cheesy..in a bad way). The next day we tried the celebrated Bellagio buffet at it's special 4th of July price of $29.95 per person. We were totally let down and not impressed.

We then headed back the other way to spend the day at Universal Studios...HOOOOTTT! Walked everyone to death again, but we did see the Hollywood sign on the way and drove around West Hollywood. Again not impressed.

We ended the day with a meal at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. The food was great and the staff sang Happy Birthday to my usually grouchy husband. The man actually got up and danced. Even after the waitress shoved a spoonful of his birthday sundae in his face and up his nose. IT WAS GREAT!!!


Now for the vacation...from the vacation! Sleep.

1 comment:

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I hope you got pictures of that dance :0)