January 21, 2008

Losing

Well, it's official the weight has begun to fall off. I am now down 9.5 lbs. and feeling great.

I have focused on fruits, vegatables and making the effort to create my meals from scratch. I know have an addiction to smoothies and can't stop experimenting with flavors. Also, if you have never tried shopping at Trader Joe's, you don't know what you are missing. They focus on natural foods with not chemicals. (you can actually understand the ingredients listed on the package).

Hopeully, I'll hit my first goal by Spring break...

2 comments:

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

Congrats Vonne !!!!!Way to go. I agree with the whole natural thing. We have given up soda altogether, switched to soy and buy organic. 42 down and it's just falling off. :0)

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

it's been hard especially during the holidays. I hate to admit I just went at it during the holidys but I got back on the wagon and am doing just fine now. I eat tons of veggies and I have given up soda altogether. It has been months since I had a sip of any kind of soda. I also switched to soy milk and I get my veggies and fruits from fresh market called Caputos. They have everything under the sun to include san benedetto peach tea......do you remember that stuff. They import foods from all over the world and their deli is to die for. You are doing great keep it up. It's almost like we have to wait for our body to realize that hey we dont want all this excess stuff...... :0)