April 24, 2008

Will I ever?

So we have been here now 5 months and I have yet to build any real friendships. I have met two women that have potential, but one leave in 2 months and the other stays as busy as me. As a result, I have resorted to joining Yahoo Groups to meet other wives in the area. It's amazing how many of us are out there, looking for adult conversation, but never really having the time to meet face-to-face.

I love the friendships I already have and cherish them deeply, but its been tough with everyone scattered about in different time zones and no one to talk to when I do have the time to be bored. Oh yes, boredom happens and its happening more and more lately. I could fill my time with learning and self development, but I'm looking for fun and excitement.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 comment:

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

I so understand what you are talking about. It has been 1 year since we have been here and I would say that this is the hardest time I have had meeting people that I want to spend time with. I have now but it's not the same. I wonder if it's because they are not military or just that I have matured and am not willing to budge on certain aspects of friendship. I no longer want the fair weathered friends that may be there but I want the ones that I may not speak to everyday or every month but that are always in my heart and that I know that I can trust and count on. I too wish that I had the girlfriends to go to the commissary with to get deli sandwiches and turn me onto horseradish mustard, and Melody who I drank capp. with every day no matter what, I miss Chris in NC that was my very next door neighbor and truely acted and felt like the sister that I never had. After losing Lisa I never thought that I could get close to people as a friend again......it was a long tough road and I am better for the lessons learned.....but I am also alot more certain of the type of "friend" that I want....I want the true ones. I do miss the conversation at times and its true that the time zones are a killer. The friendships will come and they will be well worth the wait.......wanna move to Chicago.....theres a house down the street for sale :0) Love ya girlie hang in there......and call me anytime. Schools out on June 3rd and I dont go back until Aug 19 :0)