November 28, 2007

We're here!

FINALLY!

As of Sunday we arrived in the Mojave. It's still as nice as I expected it to be. As we completed 10 mile stretch and crested the hill the child in the car with me let out a moan and said "that's it?"
In response, I remarked at how much it has grown since we were here 7 years ago, to which I received a "hmmph, Whatever".

The following day there was a quick shift in attitude...... One child remarked "it's so clean" and the other stated "everyone is so nice". All the while I was was smiling and thinking "that's the view I want my children to have of a community".

As for housing....we are the only ones on the list and have been told we could have a house by Monday or Tuesday. The house is part of the new construction on base and will require a $250.00 deposit PER pet. OUCH!

I started working again on Monday. There is some adjustment involved in working from home, but overall it's quite nice. I have more time to concentrate and think things through, but on the downside I can't just bounce an idea of the person next to me or pull a co-worker over to read my notes. As I continue to adjust I'm sure things will get better.

In the meantime, please send your prayers and/or good ju-ju my way to ensure I maintain my sanity while living in 1 hotel room with a husband and 2 teenagers. Oh the smells!!!!!

More updates to come.....

3 comments:

Jules said...

Welcome back to the Mojave! :) 'Bout time you made it back. I know this is going to be a very hectic, trying time. Hope you, D and the boys can hold it together a little while longer.

Sarah said...

Yay you made it!! I miss you a ton and am sad that we are now completely across the country from each other, but I know that CA is so much better than OK!!

Daughter, Wife and Mom! said...

I am so happy that you guys made it there safe and that you have a job. I am sure that you all will love it!! We are coming to visit:0)